User not logged in - login - register
Home Calendar Books School Tool Photo Gallery Message Boards Users Statistics Advertise Site Info
go to bottom | |
 Message Boards » » Progressive Dems credibility watch Page 1 2 3 4 5 [6], Prev  
rwoody
Save TWW
40454 Posts
user info
edit post

I just Googled it, not sure what it has to do with this thead

9/23/2026 2:08:39 PM

qntmfred
retired
42622 Posts
user info
edit post

I admit I can't be 100% sure what their political affiliations are but I feel pretty confident they're not right-wing christian nationalists. seems more likely they're the other kind of puritanical authoritarians who have made it their life's work to impose their delusional salvation ideologies on the world and to condemn any and all heretical blasphemers who dare question their orthodoxy. but I could be wrong. Regardless, it did remind me of this previous post, so into this thread it went

Quote :
"my should-be allies on the left have been too busy burning down any chance of political success because they're terminally distracted by a handful of counterproductive ideas and worldviews. I hate having to spend so much of my time and energy waiting for "the left" to realize what has happened to them"


[Edited on September 23, 2026 at 4:47 PM. Reason : perhaps a Bar owner experiences consequences of a toxic culture they accidentally built thread would be better but that might be too niche for TSB]



[Edited on September 23, 2026 at 4:57 PM. Reason : I wasn't gonna bother, but my favorite cancel goblin expositour just went off about this again too]

9/23/2026 4:47:08 PM

rwoody
Save TWW
40454 Posts
user info
edit post

I'm not sure why their political affiliation matters at all? People getting irrationally mad when something they like changes feels pretty universal, cranks exist in any group.

Also this is like one town? Are any progressive politicians speaking in support? Is anyone proposing a law or policy change to fix? Like, how do the actions of this group of people apply to politics or governance? Are we holding credibility watches on individual citizens now? If somebody cuts me off in traffic should I check their license plate and bump the relevant credibility thread? Greenfield mass is 17k people, the county is 80k, how many real people are even mad about this vs internet commenters? Should I post a link to the next Facebook comment I make the mistake of reading?

9/23/2026 5:32:18 PM

thegoodlife3
All American
41133 Posts
user info
edit post

Bill Maher might dedicate a whole hour to it

9/23/2026 5:44:12 PM

qntmfred
retired
42622 Posts
user info
edit post

Quote :
"so much of my time and energy waiting"

9/23/2026 7:16:43 PM

rwoody
Save TWW
40454 Posts
user info
edit post

I feel like if we had someone on here who constantly railed about manufactured news and algorithm bubble and what the media wants you to see, they would have a field day with this obvious ragebait

[Edited on September 23, 2026 at 7:50 PM. Reason : Who spends energy waiting ]

9/23/2026 7:50:15 PM

qntmfred
retired
42622 Posts
user info
edit post

oh I don't doubt that the boston globe is slobbering over the analytics on this "story"

[Edited on September 23, 2026 at 7:52 PM. Reason : if the fringes would just stop fringing there'd be less scandal to highlight though]

[Edited on September 23, 2026 at 7:53 PM. Reason : and the terminally distracted would actually have a moment away from their hypnosis to woke up]

9/23/2026 7:51:55 PM

rwoody
Save TWW
40454 Posts
user info
edit post

I hate to break it to you, there will always be weirdos, seems like a waste of time to document it (speaking of wasting time). It's silly to try to tie this group the overall progressive movement.

With no way to prove it, I bet a dollar this story will not change so much as one voters mind this November

9/23/2026 8:07:12 PM

CaelNCSU
All American
8275 Posts
user info
edit post

Someone tried to talk to me about this and I just thought of this thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/raleigh/comments/11khfd3/carolina_wiring_solutions_wouldnt_wear_masks/

9/23/2026 8:40:55 PM

rwoody
Save TWW
40454 Posts
user info
edit post

I don't know what it's meant to evoke but it sound like a completely rational story. He asked, they declined, he looked for a new company.

9/23/2026 9:21:38 PM

CaelNCSU
All American
8275 Posts
user info
edit post

OP is a lesbian obviously.

9/23/2026 10:05:35 PM

StTexan
Not AI!
17583 Posts
user info
edit post

Not that there's anything wrong with that

9/23/2026 11:19:32 PM

thegoodlife3
All American
41133 Posts
user info
edit post

how broken does your brain have to be to think of a random Reddit thread about masking from years ago?

9/24/2026 8:55:46 PM

The Coz
Tempus Fugitive
31567 Posts
user info
edit post

Is it random? It's FroshKiller.

9/24/2026 9:13:51 PM

thegoodlife3
All American
41133 Posts
user info
edit post

random to those of us who don’t have a space in their memory for a Reddit thread about masking from years ago

9/24/2026 9:24:08 PM

The Coz
Tempus Fugitive
31567 Posts
user info
edit post

I'm sure you remember plenty of minutiae.

9/24/2026 9:28:59 PM

StTexan
Not AI!
17583 Posts
user info
edit post

nttawwt

9/24/2026 9:39:41 PM

thegoodlife3
All American
41133 Posts
user info
edit post

minutiae is different from something that very clearly radicalized dude to where he’s at now

9/24/2026 9:41:13 PM

The Coz
Tempus Fugitive
31567 Posts
user info
edit post

You said it was random.

I pointed out that it wasn't random.

thegoodlife3: "Cool, man"

9/24/2026 9:50:55 PM

thegoodlife3
All American
41133 Posts
user info
edit post

a random thread is random regardless of the author

9/24/2026 9:54:17 PM

rwoody
Save TWW
40454 Posts
user info
edit post

Sometimes for some reason I think of this from the wire

Mcnulty: He ain't right.
Kima: With you on the other side of the argument, he'd rather be wrong.

[Edited on September 24, 2026 at 10:54 PM. Reason : Not sure why]

9/24/2026 10:54:09 PM

rwoody
Save TWW
40454 Posts
user info
edit post

Btw on my bsky echo chamber, the only chatter I've seen about the lesbian bar story is people dunking on the fire bomb weirdo

9/24/2026 11:21:07 PM

CaelNCSU
All American
8275 Posts
user info
edit post

Quote :
"how broken does your brain have to be to think of a random Reddit thread about masking from years ago?"


- having a memory means your brain is broken - TGL

There are 4 things about that make it not random. If it was in Portland, not a WW user and something about homelessness it still wouldn't be random, but would be way less connected. You could Google how memory by association works.

There is a sentiment on Reddit and X left people where they say things like, "the left is healing" and then they are reminded Bluesky exists and they just aren't seeing the crazy. It's become Skidrow/Hamsterdam.



[Edited on September 25, 2026 at 8:58 AM. Reason : A]

9/25/2026 8:49:51 AM

The Coz
Tempus Fugitive
31567 Posts
user info
edit post

Speaking of memory by association, FroshKiller loves Skid Row:

message_topic.aspx?topic=647264

So random! LOL!

9/25/2026 9:39:29 AM

rwoody
Save TWW
40454 Posts
user info
edit post

I mean, I don't know about "random", but it's brain worms to think that Frosh reddit is anything but perfectly normal, especially 3 years ago.

The only connection between the frosh thread and the lesbian bar is that neither have anything at all to do with Progressive Dems credibility

[Edited on September 25, 2026 at 9:55 AM. Reason : Btw the firebomb person is on Twitter......]

9/25/2026 9:54:21 AM

StTexan
Not AI!
17583 Posts
user info
edit post

9/25/2026 10:00:01 AM

rwoody
Save TWW
40454 Posts
user info
edit post

https://archive.ph/fqhai
Link is
Quote :
"We Didn’t Know Until This Day … Twitter Was the Echo Chamber All Along "

9/25/2026 10:01:28 AM

CaelNCSU
All American
8275 Posts
user info
edit post

Legalize acting hysterical for minor grievances.

Funny that the echo chamber has been 100% negative against Trump for about a year with a few exceptions. Even the far right agitators are talking about voting Dem.

[Edited on September 25, 2026 at 10:23 AM. Reason : A]

9/25/2026 10:20:50 AM

rwoody
Save TWW
40454 Posts
user info
edit post

Frosh thread was zero percent hysterical, youre just too deep in your biases and offended that someone would want people coming into their house to be masked.

For the lesbian bar, nobody important or with a platform and/or no significant population supports the wild reaction

[Edited on September 25, 2026 at 10:33 AM. Reason : It's maybe the calmest Frosh post I've ever seen]

9/25/2026 10:26:02 AM

The Coz
Tempus Fugitive
31567 Posts
user info
edit post

Your statement in the edit is definitely true.

9/25/2026 10:39:41 AM

 Message Boards » The Soap Box » Progressive Dems credibility watch Page 1 2 3 4 5 [6], Prev  
go to top | |
Admin Options : move topic | lock topic

© 2026 by The Wolf Web - All Rights Reserved.
The material located at this site is not endorsed, sponsored or provided by or on behalf of North Carolina State University.
Powered by CrazyWeb v2.39 - our disclaimer.