Just came back from Topgolf. Not a very exciting experience. Definitely need much more practice.
1/1/2026 4:42:56 PM
^I've played at Drive Shack, X-Golf, and Sully's Golf and Gather in Garner. It’s fun I guess, but I'd much rather play a really mini/par 3/full course. Simulator bars are nice though when the weather sucks.
1/1/2026 5:57:18 PM
From what I hear top golf isn't doing well. Not profitable and now they are doing surge pricing etc. Alienating both people good at golf, and the tri-annual leisure customers. Calloway sold them off recently.
1/1/2026 6:02:08 PM
^Like I said, I'd rather do the real thing instead of play a simulator. I think there are a lot of people that feel the same way. The virtual golf market is becoming kind of saturated. Some of these places will eventually go under.
1/1/2026 7:57:50 PM
Went to ParTee Shack on my birthday with my whole family. Thanks for the suggestion! We had a lot of fun.
1/21/2026 11:01:20 AM
So far this year I've played TriGolf Par 3 these past 2 weekends, Bottlebrush Par 3, and Oglebay Par 3 when I went to my cousin's wedding in West Virginia. The trick to enjoying golf is to get good enough with your wedges to be able to enjoy par 3 chip and putt courses. At some point I need to work on hitting my bigger clubs and go play a big course.
9/7/2026 12:21:23 AM
Your cousins got married in WV?
9/7/2026 9:33:49 AM
^The groom was my cousin. His wife is from WV. He was born in either Iowa, or Colorado. I don't remember because they moved around a lot with work.
9/7/2026 5:05:53 PM
Hows that hotdog toaster you got if you don't mind me asking
9/7/2026 5:16:47 PM
I played the par 3 course at Elson Redmond Memorial Driving Range in Richmond VA last Sunday. It's a fun little course.Has anyone played The Matchbox par 3 at Tobacco Road in Sanford? It opened about a month ago. 12 holes, $75 greens fee, no free replays, synthetic greens. Is it worth it?
9/18/2026 10:19:24 PM
So I played The Matchbox today. It's overpriced for what it is. It's like playing mini golf, only there is chipping involved.[Edited on September 27, 2026 at 6:55 PM. Reason : .]
9/27/2026 6:55:05 PM